Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Are the stars aligning for a 6N expansion?

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Re: Are the stars aligning for a 6N expansion?

Postby Hernan14 » Mon, 26 Oct 2020, 18:37

iul wrote:And what time do Argies go to bed?

I guess you're kidding, but on weekdays, usually around 1:00 a.m.

Tobar wrote:
victorsra wrote:Cop Libertadores matches on Wednesdays are like 10 PM and people attend it. On a Friday or Saturday, a match like 11 PM or even midnight would have a big number of TV viewer for sure.

A bit different when it’s your city’s team and the sport is huge in the region.

It doesn't matter if it's the city team (here it's not so a "city thing" with respect to football, many people travel 1000/1500 kms to watch his team playing on the Championship and especially on the Libertadores, in weekdays) and the Libertadores matches are all watched on TV, whoever plays, at any time.

The point is that Super Rugby don't even consider it, there was only one team from Argentina, it was not difficult to plan a nice broadcast time to get more viewers, and they don't even cared about that.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Mon, 26 Oct 2020, 20:32

I'm pretty sure Jaguares at 00:00 on Friday nights would perform very well on Argentina's TV. Matches against kiwi teams in NZ were like 4:30 AM and against Aussies like 6-7:00 AM. It is like to ask to have nobody watching.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Tobar » Tue, 27 Oct 2020, 00:12

Hernan14 wrote:

Tobar wrote:
victorsra wrote:Cop Libertadores matches on Wednesdays are like 10 PM and people attend it. On a Friday or Saturday, a match like 11 PM or even midnight would have a big number of TV viewer for sure.

It doesn't matter if it's the city team (here it's not so a "city thing" with respect to football, many people travel 1000/1500 kms to watch his team playing on the Championship and especially on the Libertadores, in weekdays) and the Libertadores matches are all watched on TV, whoever plays, at any time.

The point is that Super Rugby don't even consider it, there was only one team from Argentina, it was not difficult to plan a nice broadcast time to get more viewers, and they don't even cared about that.

Right, they travel to watch their team. When I say “city team” I mean their local team that they grew up watching. And it’s football compared to rugby which they may know nothing about. The passion runs a lot deeper.

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby Hernan14 » Wed, 28 Oct 2020, 20:35

Tobar wrote:
Hernan14 wrote:

Tobar wrote:

Right, they travel to watch their team. When I say “city team” I mean their local team that they grew up watching. And it’s football compared to rugby which they may know nothing about. The passion runs a lot deeper.

Perhaps I expressed myself badly, I mean that they travel to see his Club play in home (not away), that is, that "city team" is not from the city where they grew up...in fact a lot of people are member of a Club very far away from his own city (The club of which I am a member is 400km from where I was born, grew up and live for example).

Anyway, with regard to Super Rugby, my problem is with the time of the matches on TV.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum