Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Netball

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Netball

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 25 Jun 2020, 06:37

STMKY wrote:Say thanks to Russia and Stalin that they did not allow the Anglo-Saxons to completely destroy Germany and erase the German people from history.

Yeah, their soldiers nearly killed all of our kids with their chocolate bars and their Coca Colas. Are you really sure, you are not living in your totally own reality?

STMKY wrote:And what's the difference for a German, where will Russia end. All the more you will have visa-free travel within our new union. From Dusseldorf to Honolulu is better than from Dusseldorf to Vladivostok.

Educate yourself. With a German passport you can go anywhere in the world and yes as well to Hawaii without a visa.

STMKY wrote:Germany will change the anthem after the de-occupation. This is the obvious course of history.

Again, we NEVER CHANGED the anthem, which was introduced by the Social Democrat German president Friedrich Ebert in 1922 btw. We only sing the third verse, as the two others are simply out of fashion and partly sound ridiculous. The third verse is beautiful and seems to have a timeless message.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Thu, 25 Jun 2020, 07:37

You forgot 1991, when we lost half of the country. No one talks about the extension. It's about reunion.
I didn’t mean soldiers. How they brainwashed you. Coca-Cola ... Read.
After the second front, the leaders of the anti-Hitler coalition turned to the problem of the post-war structure of Germany. The German question was animatedly debated in US political circles, various projects were put forward, but all of them came down to the idea of ​​the complete destruction of Germany and the German people.
The most popular was the plan of Kaufman, a prominent US statesman and politician. In 1942 it was published in the form of a book entitled: “A Comprehensive Plan for the Destruction of the German Nation and the Total Eradication of the German People” It proposed a radical way to rid the world of the virus of the German threat by depriving the German people of the possibility of reproduction. It was planned for three years to sterilize all women under the age of 45 years and men under the age of 60. The idea found support in the upper ruling circles of the United States and became part of a package of measures to solve the German problem. It was not a propaganda chimera, but in line with the policies of the American ruling circles ....
https://vesti.uz/zachem-stalin-spas-ger ... tozheniya/
If not for Russia and Stalin, then the German people would no longer be there. At best, there would be several weak German agrarian semi-colonies at the level of Bulgaria and Romania.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 25 Jun 2020, 08:08

And you continue to believe that one single book is always the CHOSEN one which would have happened off course if not magical somebody (off course Stalin :lol: )would have stood up.
In reality, there are thousands of books with every opinion you could ever dream of. Even more in the age of internet. But that doesn't mean at all, that every absurd opinion was ever realistic to become reality. Kaufman is only known today, because the Nazis discovered his idiotic book and used him as the perfect propaganda, that Jews wanted to kill all Germans. And off course, as you always claim, he was not a respected politican or statesman whatsoever. He wasn't even elected for a single political office. He was a nobody, thankfully made a somebody by the Third Reich itself.

The seemingly lack of you understanding this, shows in a lot of your posts. Goebbels laughs about you in his grave, that 80 years later still illiterate people fall for his work.
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Thu, 25 Jun 2020, 08:42

It’s immediately obvious that you are from West Germany. Continue to believe in the good Uncle Sam with chewing gum and Coca-Cola. Just do not forget what bases are in Germany and by whom your country is occupied. And the "bad" Russians left Germany 30 years ago.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 25 Jun 2020, 09:02

STMKY wrote:It’s immediately obvious that you are from West Germany. Continue to believe in the good Uncle Sam with chewing gum and Coca-Cola. Just do not forget what bases are in Germany and by whom your country is occupied. And the "bad" Russians left Germany 30 years ago.

Or maybe I don't see the world as simplistic black & white as you see it. But vova is right. It makes no sense to discuss with you.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby iul » Thu, 25 Jun 2020, 09:02

I tried watching netball once. I found the idea of the defence stopping so that the player with the ball can throw the ball unopposed very pathetic. They should just play basketball

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Thu, 25 Jun 2020, 09:40

iul wrote:I tried watching netball once. I found the idea of the defence stopping so that the player with the ball can throw the ball unopposed very pathetic. They should just play basketball

There are two aspects to netball as far as I can tell. One is moving the ball from one end of the court to the other. That is where you see the athleticism and the movement. This is similar to soccer where the players pass and move into space. This is very pleasing for me to watch. You don't really get that in basketball or in handball. In those sports the movement is all around the D.
The second aspect is the shooting, which as you have pointed out is a free shot. The top players are very tall and accurate so they can get it in probably 90% of shots but sometimes close to 100%. By adding the 2 point shot from 3 metres this is making this element more interesting. It's only worth going for 2 point shots if you can get it in 50% of the time.
Men's basketball and women's netball are a good combination for professional arena sports. They require the same facilities but they are both different and interesting to watch. I have nothing against volleyball and handball but those sports barely exist in Britain. Basketball and netball are popular and are growing in popularity. They can be the 4th/5th professional team spectator sport in Britain and I believe Great Britain can one day have a competitive basketball team (soccer, rugby, cricket will always be the top 3).

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 25 Jun 2020, 15:00

Chester-Donnelly wrote:Australia down in last place. They want to be good at everything. There is no point in Great Britain even trying at handball, volleyball or women's basketball. I'd be surprised if we even entered a team.

Off course you do enter a teams:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_IHF_ ... ampionship
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Euro ... on#Group_A

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Thu, 25 Jun 2020, 15:38

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Chester-Donnelly wrote:Australia down in last place. They want to be good at everything. There is no point in Great Britain even trying at handball, volleyball or women's basketball. I'd be surprised if we even entered a team.

Off course you do enter a teams:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_IHF_ ... ampionship
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Euro ... on#Group_A

These are European imposters. They are not British. I do not recognise their legitimacy. I am sure the daughters of British soldiers, born or spent some time growing up in Germany, could assemble a decent netball team and call themselves the German netball team. But what would be the point?

Postby 4N » Thu, 25 Jun 2020, 16:55

Most recent roster. Seems to me they are mostly British. Interestingly Warrington Wolves are affiliated with the rugby league club.

Craig McClelland - AGF Aarhus
Darren Negrete Lindsay - Salesianos Estrecho
Owen Insou - Serris
Ben Howard - AC Viseu
Ryan Thomas - Warrington Wolves
Sebastien Edgar - Valence
Harry Morley - NEM Hawks
Brian Lindsay - Alarcos Ciudad Real
Jacob Maxted - Warrington Wolves
Josh da Silva - Alarcos Ciudad Real
Ross Strachan - Livingston
Ben Tyler - Warrington Wolves
Ryan Goodwin - NEM Hawks
Toby Venables - Warrington Wolves
Liam Welsby - Warrington Wolves
Chris White - VRI Aarhus
Jordan Price - Nottingham
Samuel Paulin - Pays d’Aix
Oli Tyler - Warrington Wolves

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Thu, 25 Jun 2020, 17:10

4N wrote:Most recent roster. Seems to me they are mostly British. Interestingly Warrington Wolves are affiliated with the rugby league club.

Craig McClelland - AGF Aarhus
Darren Negrete Lindsay - Salesianos Estrecho
Owen Insou - Serris
Ben Howard - AC Viseu
Ryan Thomas - Warrington Wolves
Sebastien Edgar - Valence
Harry Morley - NEM Hawks
Brian Lindsay - Alarcos Ciudad Real
Jacob Maxted - Warrington Wolves
Josh da Silva - Alarcos Ciudad Real
Ross Strachan - Livingston
Ben Tyler - Warrington Wolves
Ryan Goodwin - NEM Hawks
Toby Venables - Warrington Wolves
Liam Welsby - Warrington Wolves
Chris White - VRI Aarhus
Jordan Price - Nottingham
Samuel Paulin - Pays d’Aix
Oli Tyler - Warrington Wolves

How strange. This must be a legacy from the 2012 Olympic Games, and it hasn't died yet.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Sat, 01 Aug 2020, 20:28

This lady is uploading the Suncorp Super Netball games to her YouTube channel. The big one for all Roses fans is the next game, Giants vs Swifts. Harten vs Haythornthwaite and Housby. This is going to be massive.

https://youtu.be/J55_b3d0nas

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Sun, 02 Aug 2020, 18:50

Chester-Donnelly wrote:This lady is uploading the Suncorp Super Netball games to her YouTube channel. The big one for all Roses fans is the next game, Giants vs Swifts. Harten vs Haythornthwaite and Housby. This is going to be massive.

Giants vs Swifts. This is the pick of round 1 in my opinion. All the players are top quality.

https://youtu.be/TlUfCzGW64U

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 03 Aug 2020, 07:08

Chester-Donnelly wrote:
Chester-Donnelly wrote:This lady is uploading the Suncorp Super Netball games to her YouTube channel. The big one for all Roses fans is the next game, Giants vs Swifts. Harten vs Haythornthwaite and Housby. This is going to be massive.

Giants vs Swifts. This is the pick of round 1 in my opinion. All the players are top quality.

I watched some 10 minutes and now I remember why I don't like it at all (had watched a bit when I was in Australia). I don't like it, when the goal itself should be the easiest thing to do. When you are in the circle (especially now the inner circle with the Power Shot) and you take a shot at goal, you should score in this totally unopposed situation. This makes in my eyes the excitement for a score less as it is more a relief that they did what they were supposed to do. You can tell that a bit in the faces of the athletes involved. Aussie Rules has this as well, but not necessarily and the options to continue to play as well as the often spectacular fight for the mark make it more exciting for me.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Mon, 03 Aug 2020, 07:46

Aussie Rules is a sport I find hard to get into. It looks fun to play. In England I have played games similar to Aussie Rules or netball in the summer.

I believe netball is getting close to a professional level where shooters are scoring 90% of their shots. But it's not there yet. In one of the games this weekend the tall goal shooter was only getting 75% of shots in. The other team had a shot super shooter scoring 2pointers which won her the game. I am a big fan of the 2 point super shot. Tall ladies missing unopposed shots stood right by the basket is not good to watch. I would be interested to see a game with the 2point super shot being available for the whole game. Maybe that's something they'll bring in next year.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Mon, 10 Aug 2020, 09:35

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Chester-Donnelly wrote:

I watched some 10 minutes and now I remember why I don't like it at all (had watched a bit when I was in Australia). I don't like it, when the goal itself should be the easiest thing to do. When you are in the circle (especially now the inner circle with the Power Shot) and you take a shot at goal, you should score in this totally unopposed situation. This makes in my eyes the excitement for a score less as it is more a relief that they did what they were supposed to do. You can tell that a bit in the faces of the athletes involved. Aussie Rules has this as well, but not necessarily and the options to continue to play as well as the often spectacular fight for the mark make it more exciting for me.

You are right about netball. It is quite unique in that the miss will lose you the game and the intercept will win you the game. If you watch the Suncorp Super Netball highlights on YouTube, there are no goals. I can't think of any other sport where the highlights does not include any of the points being scored.

Previous

Return to Other subjects