Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Barbarians

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Barbarians

Postby Canalina » Thu, 24 Sep 2020, 08:59

There was not a dedicated thread, I suppose they deserve one

In a month there will be England v Barbarians in Twickenham. The selected players are still not decided, or known. In the same weekend all the best european national teams will be on the field (Ire-Ita, Sco-Geo, Fra-Wal) and considering also the current troubles to move from a continent to an other I suppose that the choice for the Barbarians' coach (who he is?) are very limited; so I hope there could be a chance also for at least one of the italian veterans Ghiraldini, Parisse and Zanni. They all already wore the Barbarian jersey in the past.
Due to the current uprise of the contagion in England, yet, I fear that the coach will opt for a british based team. In that case maybe there will be room for the younger italian players Minozzi, Polledri and Varney

Re: Barbarians

Postby armchair_expert » Thu, 24 Sep 2020, 09:44

the problem is usually this fixture is played at the end of season when most players are already free of their club duties but this time it's in the middle of European season

so is it gonna be a mix of retiring Premiership players plus a few from Saracens?

Postby armchair_expert » Thu, 08 Oct 2020, 15:22

https://www.fbcnews.com.fj/sports/rugby ... arbarians/
A number of Skipper Cup players will join the Barbarians squad for their clash with England later this month.

Flying Fijians Head Coach Vern Cotter is the man in charge of the Barbarians for this match and he has included some local players.

Skipper Cup stars like Serupepeli Vularika, Tevita Ikanivere, Chris Minimbi, Rusiate Nasove, Nadroga prop Jone Kuriduadua and Samuela Tawake are expected to leave the country soon to join the Barbarians.

Fiji Rugby Union Chief Executive John O’Connor says some of these players will not return as they are also part of the Flying Fijians for the Autumn Nations Cup.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby Figaro » Thu, 08 Oct 2020, 15:30

Canalina wrote:There was not a dedicated thread, I suppose they deserve one

In a month there will be England v Barbarians in Twickenham. The selected players are still not decided, or known. In the same weekend all the best european national teams will be on the field (Ire-Ita, Sco-Geo, Fra-Wal) and considering also the current troubles to move from a continent to an other I suppose that the choice for the Barbarians' coach (who he is?) are very limited; so I hope there could be a chance also for at least one of the italian veterans Ghiraldini, Parisse and Zanni. They all already wore the Barbarian jersey in the past.
Due to the current uprise of the contagion in England, yet, I fear that the coach will opt for a british based team. In that case maybe there will be room for the younger italian players Minozzi, Polledri and Varney

The younger Italians will surely be involved against Ireland.

Return to Rugby Forum