Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Six Nations 2021

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Six Nations 2021

Postby Canalina » Tue, 23 Mar 2021, 15:01

Details announced today. England, Scotland and Italy will play the final at home

For the first time, all games will be available in one place in the UK, the Republic of Ireland and Italy, with the BBC, RTÉ and Eurosport carrying all nine matches on a mix of terrestrial and digital services.
In the UK, two matches will be shown on terrestrial television. BBC Wales will show Wales v Ireland and the final game involving England will be shown on BBC2 network, meaning a Women’s Six Nations game will be shown on the main BBC network for the first time. All other games will be on BBC iPlayer.
RTÉ will show Wales v Ireland, Ireland v France and Ireland’s match on Finals Weekend live on both RTÉ 2 and RTÉ Player. The other six games will be shown on RTÉ Player for fans to enjoy.
France TV will continue its fantastic support of the women’s game by showing France v Wales on France 4, Ireland v France on France 2 and the final game involving the French team on France 2.
In Italy, Eurosport will show all nine matches on the Eurosport Player.
(according to FIR the three italian games will be shown by terrestrial tv Eurosport 2)

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Six Nations 2021

Postby Canalina » Sat, 27 Mar 2021, 08:56

Italian home games (versus England, and the final one) moved from Padova to Parma, on Zebre's stadium, into the Federation's rugby "citadel". The squad is usually and currently training there

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sun, 28 Mar 2021, 08:16

Italy's training at the moment suspended because an athlete was detected positive to coronavirus
https://www.federugby.it/index.php?opti ... 24&lang=it

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Tue, 30 Mar 2021, 16:02

Italy will regroup just next tuesday; not because of the covid, I think, but because so was the program. The men stay together for a month and an half, women form the group just four days before the match

https://www.federugby.it/index.php?opti ... 24&lang=it

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Tue, 30 Mar 2021, 17:19

I'm not a fan of the fantasy games but if you are...

https://fantasy.sixnationsrugby.com/#/welcome

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby Thomas » Thu, 01 Apr 2021, 16:36

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 02 Apr 2021, 18:34

I'm not a Marvel fan but this is a nice promo

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sat, 03 Apr 2021, 17:18

Found a stats site listing also the all time 6 Nations scorers

https://rugby.statbunker.com/alltimesta ... de=9871230

Do you know if there's also an all time all-test-matches scorers chart?

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sat, 03 Apr 2021, 19:03

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sat, 03 Apr 2021, 19:11

14-0, two Boujard tries in the first seven minutes

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby johnbirch » Sat, 03 Apr 2021, 23:09

Canalina wrote:Found a stats site listing also the all time 6 Nations scorers

https://rugby.statbunker.com/alltimesta ... de=9871230

Do you know if there's also an all time all-test-matches scorers chart?

We don't know who was playing in quite a lot of test matches, never mind who scored!

We have the data for the W6N because the matches were all quite well reported

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Thu, 08 Apr 2021, 21:16

After round one (ended 52-10, 53-0) I've seen several comments highlighting the difference between "pro" England and France and "amateur" Ire, Ita, Wal, Sco.
But is it real that England and France may be defined "pro" or "semi-pro"?
Seven or eight italian players are playing in french Elite, and in some of the best clubs (Fedrighi in Toulouse; Ferrari, Sgorbini and Tounesi in Romagnat; Arrighetti and Bettoni in Rennes) and I doubt they receive much more than an expenses reimbursement. In those same clubs, training with those italian women, there are also the french national team players (Tremouliere is in Romagnat, for example). So my doubt is: is it possible that the French national team players are pro or semi-pro and their italian club fellows are amateur?

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 08 Apr 2021, 21:42

It is entirely possible. France is only semipro because FFR reached an agreement with players in January 2019 to offer them 50% contracts for XV, in addition to those already existing for 7s. Maybe some are paid by their clubs on top of what they are paid by FFR, but the truth is they are only employed for half their time and many players are happt with this scheme as they aren't fully convinced of engaging into a professional rugby career and putting their current careers aside.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 09 Apr 2021, 05:08

But my doubt is: which practical consequences has this? Because if you are pro or semi-pro but your club fellows are amateurs and they can train just two hours per day (and maybe not all the days), you may go to the gym during the day (and I know that the athletical preparation is very important) but for the proper technical and tactical preparation you must wait the few hours per day when your club fellows are free. So maybe the best english and french players are (semi)pro, but their situation appears different from the one of a men's pro club. Am I wrong? So I wonder how much this round one gap between England/France and Scotland/Wales is due to the professionalism of the english and french players and how much is simply due to the traditional larger amount of players in the first two countries and to the higher level of their national championships

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Fri, 09 Apr 2021, 09:27

Armchair Fan wrote:It is entirely possible. France is only semipro because FFR reached an agreement with players in January 2019 to offer them 50% contracts for XV, in addition to those already existing for 7s. Maybe some are paid by their clubs on top of what they are paid by FFR, but the truth is they are only employed for half their time and many players are happt with this scheme as they aren't fully convinced of engaging into a professional rugby career and putting their current careers aside.

I highly doubt the clubs are paying for the girls. Outside of the subsides of FFR, all of them have to work. Some are students, so maybe get a bit of more of free time. Some might work only part times and have a bit more time for fitness. But none of them is fully dedicated to rugby.
For example Jessy Trémoulières is working at the family farm. She trains 3 times per week with Romagnat (end of day), otherwise she is working all day long.
See here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOqwuSf0_lw

I guess only the girls playing Sevens might be 100% focused on rugby.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Fri, 09 Apr 2021, 09:33

Canalina wrote:But my doubt is: which practical consequences has this? Because if you are pro or semi-pro but your club fellows are amateurs and they can train just two hours per day (and maybe not all the days), you may go to the gym during the day (and I know that the athletical preparation is very important) but for the proper technical and tactical preparation you must wait the few hours per day when your club fellows are free. So maybe the best english and french players are (semi)pro, but their situation appears different from the one of a men's pro club. Am I wrong? So I wonder how much this round one gap between England/France and Scotland/Wales is due to the professionalism of the english and french players and how much is simply due to the traditional larger amount of players in the first two countries and to the higher level of their national championships

The gap was already big before. I guess this has not a lot to see with the embryo of professionalism, but much more with the lack of women rugby in the celtic nations.
Otherwise, playing in France & England leagues, which are quite competitive and provide a good level of rugby, might use you to a better quality rugby, help you to raise your level. And I don't think there's that much difference from a semi pro player to an amateur one in the same club, except on physicial preparation and tiredness.

If one day clubs become fully pro (are they in England ?), yes the gap will grow. But the gap is big because there's a serious lack of quality (and quantity) outside of both England & France.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 09 Apr 2021, 12:40

Thank you

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 10 Apr 2021, 17:59

vino_93 wrote:The gap was already big before. I guess this has not a lot to see with the embryo of professionalism, but much more with the lack of women rugby in the celtic nations.

Well, I don't think the landscape of women's rugby in the Celtic nations was that different when Ireland reached 2014 RWC semifinals or won W6N in 2013 and 2015. The gap between them and England and France can hardly not be attributed to different degrees of professionalism.

Or if we don't want to talk about "pros", "semipros" and that, I'd say there are different levels: not giving a damn about women's rugby, giving support from the union with structures and fixtures even if players remain amateur and then those who support players and pay them.

vino_93 wrote:If one day clubs become fully pro (are they in England ?), yes the gap will grow. But the gap is big because there's a serious lack of quality (and quantity) outside of both England & France.

Premier 15 is fully pro. There has been some discussion about things like insurances, but it's clearly the first pro women's rugby competition.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Tue, 13 Apr 2021, 16:32

I thought that a women 6N in the same dates of the men's one was the best solution, like a common feast with men's, women's and U20 in the same weekend. But I'm slowly changing my mind: actually, the women tournament seems receiving more light by playing in its own dates. For example, in the last two days the Italian Federation website dedicated two articles to the last game reaction/next game preparation (https://www.federugby.it/index.php). But this is only one of many possible examples.
So maybe the fans who perorated this new collocation were right. At the end of the tournament probably we will have a clearer sight about this dilemma

Return to Women's Rugby