Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Small news

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Small news

Postby Canalina » Wed, 30 Sep 2020, 17:53

I'm boringly stubborn so I signaled to Rugby Europe the "bug" in their upcoming games pages and they kindly answered
"Hi there, we have reported the problem to the web developers who are trying to fix this as we speak. Thanks!"

The error response is still there but they were kind to answer immediately.
I'd like to see if there are italian referees in the last five games (the Poland v Ukraine one will be directed by a russian trio), but there's also the chance that they've still not appointed them

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Thu, 15 Oct 2020, 10:44

According to some posts emerged on the social media, Marija Shakuro, captain of the Belarus women national team (7s, beach, snow), was arrested three or four days ago in Minsk. The cause? Or because she was taking part to a protest rally or, according to other details, just because she subscribed a petition asking for Lukashenko's resignation, for new elections and for the end of the police repression

https://www.facebook.com/belarusrugby/
https://www.facebook.com/rugbyclubwinte ... 7467242633
https://www.facebook.com/16370306898725 ... =3&theater
http://habanabg.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-2822.html

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sat, 17 Oct 2020, 11:19

In less than an hour Kredo Odessa and Olimp Kharkiv will meet for the title of Ukrainian Champions

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sat, 17 Oct 2020, 12:32

I remain a bit perplexed when I see posts like this in the World Rugby and RWC accounts :geek:

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sat, 17 Oct 2020, 15:24

Yep, they do this but don't check the world map to see where countries are...

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sun, 18 Oct 2020, 15:29

The St.Pauli club, german football Bundesliga 2, painted this murale for Mariya Shakuro, the belarusian woman rugby player condemned to 10 days of prison apparently just because she took part to an unauthorized (and pacific) protesting rally.
According to a source in belarusian rugby, it's obvious that the exit of the elections (80% to Lukashenko, 10% to the main opponent) was a giant fraud. He thinks that Lukashenko should have not had more than 20% of the votes.
As far as I perceived reading some few articles and posts, a big part of the "civil society", many calm and polite and informed people, is backing the protests; also this makes that 80% to Lukashenko appearing very unlikely

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 19 Oct 2020, 13:58

Even more perplexed in front of the new WR social media approach. It seems they gave the account key to a teenager convinced to be very funny

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Mon, 19 Oct 2020, 13:59

If they are trying to connect with young fans, well, they are not.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 19 Oct 2020, 14:53

They canceled it

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 21 Oct 2020, 06:33

Canalina wrote:Even more perplexed in front of the new WR social media approach. It seems they gave the account key to a teenager convinced to be very funny

As a catholic I laughed a bit about this (to be fair Pope Francesco has a record of liking rugby), but I agree, that this is not what a World federation should be posting. Their social media managament is a catastrophy and how bad it is shows, by them thinking it is great as they do create more clicks.

I just had a look at the FIFA twitter account. They post a video about "isolation done right" showing two soccer players passing the ball on a tiny island on the Maledives. That's good story-telling (we adapt to the situation, soccer is still fun, soccer is played and loved everywhere).

World Rugby has been struggling at all of those in years, it doesn't focus enough on the global thing and seems hindered massively, that they apparently don't employ multilingual staff who could actually dig out some new stories from everywhere. They don't need anyone speaking 5 languages, but at least another language than English on a higher level to understand the concept and really know how to use those fantastic translation services all around the internet now.

They are doing an okay job around World Cups with qualification and a videos about non-World-Cup-nations, but their follow-up to build something on it is a catastrophy.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby sk 88 » Wed, 21 Oct 2020, 14:12

My browser auto translates (google chrome), you don't even need to speak a foreign language to pick up stories! If they had any kind of reporting structure they could also have them funnelled direct to them via unions.

National Flag:

Postby Thomas » Wed, 21 Oct 2020, 14:42

I do wonder sometimes what are they thinking. they should be provide feeds like the ones below :

National Flag:

Postby Thomas » Fri, 23 Oct 2020, 10:55

National Flag:

Postby Thomas » Fri, 23 Oct 2020, 13:42

ENGLAND MEN AGAINST BARBARIANS MATCH CANCELLED
The RFU has today cancelled the Quilter Cup England v Barbarians fixture scheduled for Sunday 25 October.

https://www.englandrugby.com/news/article/england-against-barbarians-match-cancelled

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 23 Oct 2020, 18:05

The match was not warming the hearts, judging by the few rumor it created in the past weeks and days, but the behavior of those players is very condemnable, also considering that the game was going to be televised and this will be a not small economic loss for the english federation

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sat, 24 Oct 2020, 06:46

WHO those players were?
WHY they keep this in secret?
HOW will be they punished?

:::

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 26 Oct 2020, 07:38

https://bytribuna.global.ssl.fastly.net ... 46525.html

A long interview to Mariya Shakuro, after her release. She was not mistreated in jail, apart some little form of prevarication, and they (the police) restituted her the phone that they had sequestered even if she refused to give them the code to unblock it, so at least they are not so terrible. The girls were generally untouched but as far as she saw in the police vans many arrested men were bleeding. She says that when arrested she was not even taking part to the rally but just watching it from the side of the street and she says that her electoral compound was one of the many the results of which have not been made public: according to the testifies appeared on line, the few local electoral results published gave the majority to Tikhanovskaya but most of the local results weren't made public and then the total, like for magician, gave an 80.1% victory to Lukashenko. This morning, I've read, the first industries strikes happened

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum